save ones ass 救了某人一命,帮了某人一个大忙

HarmonyOS

  视频加载中...

  (Mike enters and finds Mr. Shaw eating a big piece of chocolate cake. He sits down at the booth with Mr. Shaw.)

  Mike: "Decided to indulge your sweet tooth, huh?"

  决定纵容你的口舌之欲啦?(只Mr.Shaw吃的巧克力奶油蛋糕,太多甜食对健康不利)

  (indulge

  vt. 迁就;纵情于;放任

  sweet tooth 喜欢吃甜食

  John has a toothache recently because he always has a sweet tooth.

  约翰最近牙疼,因为他太爱吃甜食了。)

  Mr. Shaw: "I'll be dead inside a year. I got bigger things to worry about than my waistline. So, who's the woman they think you killed?"

  我一年内会死去。我还有比腰围更值得我去担心的事呢。那么他们怀疑你杀了哪个女的?

  Mike: "Martha Huber, local busybody. I thought her murder was random."

  玛莎胡博一个好事的老女人。我觉得这不是一起蓄意谋杀。。

  busybody 爱管闲事的人;爱讲闲话的人,好搬弄是非的人。

  random 随机的,任意的

  Mr. Shaw: "Nothing random about her jewelry ing up in your garage. Did you kill her?"

  可她的首饰出现在你的车库可就绝不是什么偶然啊。你杀了她没?

  Mike: "No. Whoever set me up did a good job, though. The cops are all over me."

  没有。有人陷害我。现在警察都在监视我。

  Mr. Shaw: "You're getting close to something?"

  你离真相已经很近了。

  Mike: "If I'm getting close, I don't see it."

  如果真是这样,我怎么一点都看不出来。

  Mr. Shaw: "What I'm saying is, people leave trails. One of those trails could lead to Deirdre. Whoever set you up must know that."

  我的意思是,人们总会留下线索,总有一条会指向黛德丽,陷害你的那个人就是知情者。

  Mike: "Yeah, maybe. But I won't be much good to you locked up."

  是呀,也许吧。可是我要是被关起来就不好办啦。

  Mr. Shaw: "I'm rich, Mike. One of the best things about being rich is the security of knowing you can buy your way out of any problem. I'm not taking my money to the grave. I'm gonna use it to save your ass."

  麦克,我很有钱,有钱的好处之一就是确保你无论遇到什么难题,都能全身而退。我可不想把我的钱带到坟墓里去。我会用它来保你周全。

  save one's ass 救了某人一命,帮了某人一个大忙。

  当一个人能即将面临或已经面临很糟糕的局面,有人或有什么事救了你/帮了你。

  “I'm saving your ass!”

  我在救你的命。

  You saved my ass!

  你真是帮我了个大忙。

  "Yes, each new day in suburbia brings with it a new set of lies. The worst are the ones we tell ourselves before we fall asleep."是的,郊区的每个清晨都会伴随者一系列新的谎言,最糟糕的是在睡前告诉我们自己的话。

  :"We whisper them in the dark, telling ourselves we're happy......or that he's happy......that we can change..... or that he will change his mind."我们在睡觉中轻声告诉自己,我们是快乐的,或他是开心的,我们会改变,或者他会改变。

  "We persuade ourselves we can live with our sins......or that we can live without him.

  我们说服自己,我们能够原谅自己的罪过。或者没有他我们也可以一样生活。

  Yes. Each night before we fall asleep we lie to ourselves in a desperate, desperate hope that, come morning, it will all be true."

  是的,每个入睡前的夜晚,我们对自己撒谎,无比热切地期望 清晨到来时,一切都会成真。

标签: HarmonyOS